Screenshots and videos
Kudos to MuHa for bolting together everything so seamlessly and for trying something new
Thea: The Awakening is something of a surprise, really. From an unknown indie developer comes a game that blends RPG and strategy together very well, in a fashion that means one doesn’t dilute the strengths of the other.
Add an opinion about the product: Thea: The Awakening
Thank you for adding review
- Date (newest to oldest)
- Date (oldest to newest)
- Rating (highest to lowest)
- Rating (lowest to highest)
The game combines turn-based strategic gameplay with the tension and grit of a rogue-like, a captivating story you can uncover through a series of in-game events, and a unique combat system based on a complex card battle game.
The wide range of gameplay features allows you to proceed through the world of Thea the way you prefer. You can choose to stay in your village and build up defenses, or you can go out and explore the world. Conflicts can be resolved through assassination, stealth, diplomacy, hunting, and various other ways depending on the skills your people possess. Fighting is not your only solution to conflict!
Choose your game style and save your people from the Darkness!
- Survival game in a dark fantasy setting with hexagonal turn-based strategic gameplay!
- Huge procedural world to explore – each play-through is a new adventure!
- Village management with a variety of structures to build, upgrades and technologies to discover, and items to craft!
- Over 4400 items that you can craft in your village or gather in the game’s world!
- Expeditions in which each member carries his or her gear and gains experience in battle, improving abilities like collecting resources, diplomacy, healing, black magic, and dozens more!
- Over 200 non-linear story events that can grant you riches or deprive you of all your goods including life!
- Exciting card battle game system that can be resolved by combat, diplomacy, curses, and more!
- Over 100 types of deadly creatures, many inspired by Slavic Mythology!
- Procedural creature instances – Each creature, even in a swarm of spiders, has its own skills and stats!
- Day & night cycle influence gameplay – Villagers can better recognize threats from afar during the day, and creatures become more aggressive at night!
- Multiple game endings depending on your choices with rewards and unlocks carrying over to your next play-through!